body background: #50C675;

Monday, June 20, 2011

Summer 2011

I only quilt in the summer, and last year my library was being renovated, so nothing got done. Since I've been quilting since 1980, and have a huge stash or fabric, I'm trying to use it up. I donate the quilt tops to My Very Own Blanket, an Ohio organization that gives quilts to foster children. I'll try to include pattern information when I can.




















My favorite pattern is Around the World. I use 3 and 1/2 inch squares, arranged in an 11 by 11 pattern. It helps to pin a finished top up when I'm selecting new fabrics-- I keep slips of paper with the number of
pieces I need for each position of the pattern. These go together quickly, especially since one of my standard sized scraps to cut at the end of a fabric piece is a 3 and 1/2 inch square. Conversation prints are good for this.





































My son's baby quilt is in this pattern in yellows and blues, with a lot of fruit and vegetable prints. He used to lie on it for hours and talk about the fabric.

This one used up a lot of random Christmas/Winter fabric that I had. Hopefully, it's bright and cheery enough that no one will mind!

Two down, forty eight more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment