body background: #50C675;

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hourglass

Someone gave me a nice piece of Debbie Mumm holiday fabric, so I picked out some of the colors in it and did about 100 of these hourglasses. I cut five inch squares (because it was easy to do with my rule), drew diagonal line across them, and sewed on either side of the line. I rotary cut diagonally the other way in order to make the triangles. The first ones were a little lopsided, but they got better.

Of course, I ran out of fabric, so added a dark blue border to the second quilt, then used a light fabric. I had cut some 3 and 1/2 inch squares out of a lot of green and rust fabrics, so used those to border out the 12 extra hourglass blocks that I had left over. Well, I had 14, but two were really crooked.

It's fun to play with different color combinations with one set of blocks, and using "planned over" pieces makes the quilts go together very quickly.


No comments:

Post a Comment