body background: #50C675;

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Chinese Coin

Spent most of yesterday dealing with scraps. I usually take care of scraps right away, usually cutting them into 2 and 1/2 inch squares, with narrower pieces becoming 6 and 1/2 inch strips, but I had an entire pile that got away from me.

For the Chinese coin, I take the long strips of 6 and 1/2 inch pieces and cut them in half. For a crib quilt, I cut 36" long strips, and offset them with 3" sashing. I don't know why this one ended up with horizontal stripes-- I usually do them vertically, but this was another UFO that was in a box for several months. I hoped that the side pieces would make it look a little better.

This is a quilt that I produce frequently, since children seem enthralled with the variety of scraps in it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorting and stacking my UFOs this summer too. Actually working on finishing some too! Another thing we have in common.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. Makes me wonder if my scrap pile is big enough yet.

    ReplyDelete